Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Art Deco Travel Poster

For my second poster project I decided to do an art deco travel poster for France. I looked up tutorials online for art deco in Photoshop, and mostly only came up with tutorials for art deco style type. So instead I used a tutorial from a graphic design magazine I got from my teacher. I researched what made something art deco-like, and for the most part art deco designs are made up of simple shapes and color replacements.

To start I chose a picture of a sunset in Paris where you could see the Eiffel Tower but it was not the center of the picture, so that I could add in the airplane and it would not look too overcrowded. I then opened the picture in Illustrator and simple traced the photo to make the shapes simpler. I replaced the colors of the Eiffel Tower, the city, and the street with textured designs. Then I moved the picture into Photoshop and set it as my background. I got a pictured of an airplane and opened it in Illustrator, and simple traced the picture and deleted the background. I moved it into Photoshop and then I decided to use a simple text and font in keeping with the simplicity of art deco.

These are the photos I used:

1 comment:

  1. The freedom of travel opens the mind to unlimited possibilities.

    If you do nothing unexpected,
    nothing unexpected happens. Flights to Abidjan

    ReplyDelete